To Receive Prayer
The live stream is also available on our Facebook page and YouTube channel. Click the links below.
There are a number of ways to receive individual prayer at First Presbyterian:
• Leave a prayer request by calling 565.0970 or emailing email@example.com.
• Meet with one of the Elders for prayer on Sunday mornings after the services. Temporarily postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
• Schedule a private appointment with a Prayer Minister by calling 565.0960.
• Attend the Healing & Prayer Service offered every Tuesday at 7:00pm in Harper Prayer Chapel.
• Contact Congregational Care at 565.0943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Different areas are available for anyone who would like to serve in the Prayer Ministry.
• Become a Prayer Minister for the Tuesday Evening Healing & Prayer Service.
• Join the Prayer Room Team and spend an hour or two each week in prayer for requests that are submitted.
• Join the Prayer Card Team and send prayer cards by mail to members of the congregation each month.
• Join the Prayer Card Team for College Students and send prayer cards to college students three times a year.
If you are interested in being a part of the Prayer Ministry or would like more information, please call Stan
Johnson at 565.0941 or Tammy Burkhalter at 565.0943.
40 Days of Prayer
During the season of Lent our congregation participates in 40 days of prayer. A prayer journal is provided to the congregation and includes personal prayers, along with a place for you to name specific prayer requests for First Pres, yourself, your family, or others. Our Prayer Journal is loosely modeled after the Pittsburgh Experiment to enable "people to open their lives to God so He can make Himself known. It also serves as a tool of discipline and focus in seeking God's guidance and direction." In each journal you will find an explanation of the steps to follow, the significance of 40 days, and how to pray, along with several different types of fasting to follow over the 40 day period. Previous years' journals are available to download below.
2019 Prayer Journal 2018 Prayer Journal 2017 Prayer Journal 2016 Love Prayer Journal 2015 Psalms Prayer Journal
Recommended Books on Prayer:
A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers by DA Carson
Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home by Richard J. Foster
Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels
Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy With God by Tim Keller
A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World by Paul Miller
With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
Hearing God by Dallas Willard
Tuesday Evening Healing & Prayer Service
The Healing & Prayer Service is held each Tuesday at 7:00pm in Harper Prayer Chapel. You are invited to come and receive God's love, peace, hope, and healing through prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit.
Our Prayer Room (Room 310) is a beautiful place, blessed and set apart for prayer. Responding to the call of God, each intercessor on the Prayer Room Team spends one to two hours a week praying for our congregation, our staff, and our missionaries. Each one has been trained and has taken a vow of confidentiality. Prayer requests are received through Prayer Request forms located in the literature and pew racks. The forms can be placed in the offering plate or the Prayer Request Boxes located throughout the church. Requests may also be called in to our 24-hour prayer line,
Elder Prayer After Services
Members of the Prayer Team are available to pray with you Sunday mornings after each service. Temporarily postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Prayer Card Team
The Prayer Card Team intercedes for every family in our congregation for one week during the year. A card is sent to notify members prior to the week the team prays for a family. They usually have no specific knowledge of need or requests, but will be praying for blessing and guidance for your family for that entire week.
The Prayer Card Team for College Students intercedes for students throughout the school year, and contacts them using preprinted postcards three times during the year.